Sunday, April 14, 2013

How do they do it?

How do they do it? Day after day - the people who work full time and still take care of a loved one full time - without a lot of help? I don't get it. I have been working pretty steadily for the past few days and yesterday I just couldn't take it anymore. Mom's breathing annoyed me. When she spoke, well, I was not at my nicest. I didn't blow up or yell or anything, but inside I was seething. I put Up on television for her and then went and did my own thing till she went to bed.

It is a challenge to juggle mom and The Smith, sometimes. Last night, I thought it would be pretty easy to bring mom to the show. And it was, for the most part. I think round trip from the theatre to the house and back again took maybe 15 minutes. Logistically, it was easy. We ate dinner from Mark's Pizzeria again - still haven't found an entree-like thing from there that she will eat. She does enjoy boneless chicken wings! Yay.

After the show, mom was pretty good for the most part. I was only slightly surprised when mom replied "Parts of it!" to an inquiry from one of the directors of the show whether or not she liked it. She was getting antsy, so I opted to do the lighting changes that are needed today rather than last night.

Overall the show went well. No glaring errors on my part - sound and light. Yippee! And it is a fun little ballet/interpretation of Peter and The Wolf. Well attended, I think - I didn't count the audience but the lower orchestra was pretty well filled.

Ok, a little bleary eyed today. I ended up with only 5 hours of sleep and could use some more. But I really need to get going - take a shower, feed and water mom and head to the Smith for the last day of the show.

No comments: