Friday, April 26, 2013

Broke a plate

I broke a plate while washing dishes yesterday. A concern that I have almost every time I do dishes. I do them by hand - don't really care for dishwashing machines. Dishwashing is misspelled according to Firefox. Really? Anyway, I didn't cry. It wasn't like it was milk or anything. Aren't you proud of me? I am proud of me! I don't like breaking things, but it happens. 

Had a pleasant day, despite the broken plate. I had thought that might be a sign of things to come, a portent even - but it wasn't. Nothing disastrous or momentous occurred. The new aide, who is now not the new aide since she has been here four times, came and did some work around the house. Kept herself busy, which is good. Sometimes, I can't think of things for the aides to do. And sometimes mom can. Go mom!

Took a little walk around the HWS campus running errands. Or should I say walking errands... It was a gorgeous, albeit chilly, day. Nice to actually get outside for a breath of fresh air. I need to do that more often. I still would like a bike to materialize in my life. One will eventually, I am sure.

Saw a movie last night - No Strings Attached - starring Natalie Portman and some guy. I, like many other males, enjoy watching Natalie (may I call her Natalie, or should I say Ms. Portman - do people say Ms. anymore, or does that just help to show how old I am?) do just about anything - even reading the proverbial (or anecdotal) telephone book. I forget how short she is! I am a sucker for Romantic Comedies. Yes, hope springs eternal for me where romance is concerned and movies like this just fuel that inane belief. Back to the movie. I enjoyed it and would recommend it for fans of romantic comedies or fans of Natalie Portman's.


No comments: