Sunday, January 18, 2015

New Obsession

Who hasn't had at least one or two obsessions in their lives? Not addictions, at least, not in my case. I don't think I have ever been addicted to anything. Obsessed? Sure. Lots of times. The good thing about obsessions in my life thus far, is that they often end and that they haven't been particularly life threatening. My new current obsession is a teeny game on my iPhone called Word Jigsaw. I may even splurge on it and buy the pro package. We shall see. Right now, I am thoroughly enjoying playing the medium size - over and over and over again. Each game seems a little different and they last between 25 seconds or so to 5 minutes or so depending on how difficult I find them.

Nice day yesterday, besides a Smith SNAFU. The sound system didn't want to work, though it eventually did. After I had to let everyone go home. Sigh. Other than that, though, I had a pleasant day.

It started off with hot chocolate with a friend. Yes, an actual hot beverage. One of the few that I will occasionally enjoy. At Opus. I don't go there a lot, but have never had a bad experience there. I do sometimes still miss the Asian restaurant that was there, though...

I did a little grocery shopping (actually asked the scarf receiver to send me a selfie of her wearing the thing - though I doubt that will ever happen), bought a new pair of kitchen scissors (though these too have plastic handles - sigh) and partook of all sorts of free samples of food stuffs at Wegman's.

The time at home was pretty pleasant, too. Mom ate her lunch easily. I played her music on a CD player - our new thing. Napped a little (didn't sleep particularly well for whatever reasons). I did some work on the puzzle (no picture today), cleaned the kitchen, later heated up leftovers - I really need to pull the trigger and get a new to the house stove. I can't decide whether to go for Lowes and a new, new one - or go to Universal Appliance and get a refurbished one. I am leaning towards UA because they are local and weird. We shall see on Monday or Tuesday. Later, I let mom watch Doc Martin while I went to my room and watched the second Percy Jackson movie. I tried to find out if the third was scheduled, but apparently it was canned. Oh well. The PJ movie was decent - as long as one had no expectations of great art.

I keep forgetting that tomorrow (Monday) is a holiday. I hope an aide comes, since we didn't have one on Friday...

No comments: