Saturday, January 24, 2015

Egg Snow Soup

I think this is the second or third time that I have tried to make egg drop soup. Maybe second. I doubt the last, unless my situation changes radically in the next month. Mom liked what I made. I thought it was bland and scary looking. Not like egg drop soup at all. Well, not like Chinese Restaurant egg drop soup.

Not clear and the egg became particlized and not streamer like
I had to go back and doctor mine with some soy sauce to make it more palatable to me. I think next time I might double or triple all the spices and see if that helps. And I just looked online and found some thoughts on how to make the egg be more streamer like. So, maybe I will revisit this in a couple of weeks. For now, mom will get soup with some of her next meals. Huzzuh!

Today is bill paying day - and working on my retirement (hahahahaha) day (i.e. putting together Publisher's Clearing House mailings). I love that I can pay most of my bills electronically. Yay! No stamps!! Or envelopes. Or any of that brew hahahaha.

Got the bills all paid - now I have a bunch of things to mail on Monday. Yay. Off to do a light yoga and work on lunch. Then a shower - then off for some Smith work and some shopping. (Maybe not any shopping...)

Lunch is done - I couldn't face eating last night's leftover, leftover, leftover Chinese food for some reason. Hmm. Now time for a shower. Yippee!

All clean and ready for more of my day. Heading to the Smith in a little bit. I probably won't do the shopping - I need three things - 1) A new to us stove - need is a bit strong for this - the oven doesn't work, but the burners on top do. Who needs a functioning oven, really? 2) Something to help me unclog the drain in my shower - I am thinking to try a small plumber's snake if I can find a reasonably priced one at some point - has anyone noticed that I have quite a bit of hair? (On my head - and not a lot in weird places on my body - so far) and 3) A new disc player for mom and her bedroom. The one I bought at big lots was worth what I paid for it ($25). Just not overly motivated to do any of that shopping at this point. Sigh.

No comments: