Saturday, January 3, 2015

What day is it?

I know I have a weird schedule, so figuring out what day it is can be something of a challenge, even in "normal" times. But the past two weeks, with two sets of weirdnesses in the middle of the week, I just couldn't really get my head around yesterday being a "Friday" and today being a "Saturday." It feels like Today ought to be Sunday. Hmm.

Yesterday, laundry didn't happen. I got there and someone was sitting in front of the three huge machines stuffing them full of clothes - all three of them! Grrr. Well, I guess she had a lot of laundry. But still. Looks like today is now Laundry day. Huzzuh.

All this time off from The Smith has been weird as well. Sure, a meeting here, a scary filter removal there, but mostly no Smith work. I hope I can get back in the swing if it come Monday.

Our days look like this - Morning time do stuff - mom rests - Lunch (this is a bit of a process but it usually lasts noon-2ish) - Afternoon - do more stuff till about 4 or 4:30. Go to the grocery store - Come home, do a little bit of stuff - get mom situated in the living room (help her down stairs, see that she does her teeny exercise thing, etc.) work on dinner - news (which mom really no longer comprehends) - a couple of Big Bang Theory episodes - then evening stuff - put things on tv that mom enjoys - sometimes I watch things with her, sometimes I putter around and do stuff. Eventually head to bed - around midnight or later - hoping that this will tucker mom enough so that she sleeps for a while. Yay!

Thinking about crushes (what else is new) and how they often really amount to nothing (at least that has been my experience, percentage wise). But they do make me feel which is a good thing. If you want to read more about this - check out my relationship blog.

Why do I not like to have my mom see me doing yoga? Is that weird?


No comments: