Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Closing in Quickly on the End of the Month!

January is weird - it seems to go on forever - at least here in the sort of North. It is too bad that it isn't one of the month with 30 (or fewer) days. Darn knuckle months. Anyway, it is the 28th and I swear that there is still a month left to go of January. But what is weird is February happens really quickly after January is gone. And this February is so short!

Technology is amazing. Last night I was taking a shower and thought about just how cool it is that many people can take a hot shower in the middle of the night in the middle of winter without thinking about it. Just recently - on a cosmological scale - this would have been something unbelievable! I was also thinking about luxury - what makes a shower luxurious - above and beyond the plainly luxuriant feeling of water sluicing grime (etc) down the (now freely flowing) drain. Speaking of which, it was nice to once again be taking showers without my feet being in a few inches of water.

I actually had an adult evening last night. Not as in a romantic adult evening, but an evening out talking with other adults. Real conversation! How weird is that?! I left mom at home watching My Fair Lady. Misjudged the time just a little so the movie had ended before I got back, so mom got a little anxious. But otherwise, it was a great evening!

Ooh, got a package from Amazon today! How exciting is that? Pretty darn exciting. Season 5 of Downton Abby - which I will still watch on Sundays with mom if I we can. But we will be able to rematch any of the episodes or all of the episodes whenever we want! Yay! But there real excitement was the other item in the box - which to my surprise, came in a square box. I thought it would be in a tube.

I never noticed the inflatable tube

And there's the trick! Right there! Cool!


That's right, I am ready to puzzle! I have a couple in my closet which I think I will tackle next. I also think we have a few puzzles in the attic (and I think I have a few in my boxes of crap, er belongings). We shall see.

No comments: