Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Secret to Quick Yummy Cooking is...

I had this epiphany the other day, while making my version of Tuna Casserole. I love epiphanies. They feel so good. But they can't be forced. I have yet to have an epiphany on demand. Anyone else find that to be the case? Lots of things in life can't be forced. Locks, though, they can often be forced. At various times in my life I have wanted to learn how to be a locksmith. I am sure that is a skill that would be cool to have. But where was I?

Oh, right, my cooking epiphany: Cream of Mushroom soup in a can! That's right, when in doubt, dump a can of cream of mushroom soup into your meal and voila! Instant yumminess. When I bought the cans for the tuna casserole, a recipe I ought to have halved, actually, I bought an extra "just in case." Another yumminess adder - for me at least, not being too lactose intolerant or anything, is our cream. Nectar of the gods! And the beef stroganoff recipe I use has both cream of mushroom soup and sour cream in it! Huzzuh!!

I didn't do a lot yesterday - or so it seems. One thing I did do, though, was clean off a counter in the kitchen that had gotten super cluttered. That particular counter was neat and wide open a few years ago, but over the past couple of years, stuff built up on it again. Then last night, for some reason, I proceeded to clean it off. Which is the way I seem to roll. Doing one bit of neatening every few years! Go me! (Rah, rah) At that rate, the house will be clean in, er, well, never. Sigh.

Ah, right, I did some Smith work yesterday. And I am doing a bit of that today. I need to go in and test all of the film stuff to make sure that it is happy - so the projectionist who comes in doesn't experience anything too weird to handle when they come in tonight.

Watched American Hustle last night and enjoyed it. I love Amy Adams and mostly watched it because of her. Mom didn't understand it at all.


No comments: