Friday, January 9, 2015

Quite a Day

Most of the day was spent on Smith stuff - lots and lots of Smith stuff - meetings, meetings everywhere. When I wasn't meeting at the Smith I was working at home on Smith stuff. Yay?

Right now, I am working on trying to figure out who has the domestic theatrical rights to Arsenic and Old Lace. My contact at Warner Bros. was not very helpful. She told me that they have the rights to Arsenic and Old Lace for Canada and that's it. I asked who has the rights domestically and have not received an answer. I have tried a variety of other sources and so far, no go. I wish there was someplace one could go to find out who has what rights to which movie - a nice big database somewhere that was searchable - then when you found who had the rights, their contact information - phone number, email and snail mail address - would be right there. Wouldn't that be nice? So, I have some more phone numbers to try tomorrow. I wish I knew someone who knew the answer to these questions. Sigh city.

So, that was a large part of my day. Oh, and meetings. I had three meetings yesterday, one of which was about Arsenic and Old Lace. One was the monthly Film Committee meeting. And one was the Programming Committee Meeting. Gotta love good meetings.

In between, I kept coming back to the house. Mom actually asked to have a shower! That is weird. But good. Though she has been complaining all day that her aide washed her with especially drying soap. Sigh. I am thinking of trying a new lunch - maybe grilled cheese sandwiches with soup. Though she is eating the lunches she has currently well enough. For some reason, I get the impression that mom doesn't like grilled cheese. Does anyone know?

Dinner was from Cams. I have been jonesing for pizza for a long time. Ever since mom announced that she didn't like pizza (who the hello (sic) doesn't like pizza?) I haven't served it to her. I have eaten a little here and there, but it is infrequent. Last night, I ordered stuffed shells with meatballs (which mom ate decently) onion rings (cams onion rings are great!)(who knew?) and two slices of pizza. I ate too much and was basically immobilized for the rest of the evening. I sat in the living room and worked on the puzzle while I put things on for mom. Through two movies! One was Pat and Mike with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn. Um, no. Not a movie I am going to look forward to watching again any time soon (or in this lifetime). Not terrible, but not worth my time. The second movie was the 1,263rd playing (in this house) of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in Follow the Fleet.

Here is a picture of the change in the alcove so far:


No comments: