Sunday, January 25, 2015

My life is now complete. Again. Still?

I have seen Taylor Swift's belly button! Ok, she made this big thing about never showing her belly button - ever. Then she had a picture taken of herself wearing a bikini that exposed her navel! Eeek!! I don't think my life will ever be the same...

Yesterday, I was minding my own business, noticing that it was almost time for the movie at the Smith to start playing, when I got a call saying that my projectionist hadn't shown up. Why are they telling me this at 7:25 pm? Why didn't they tell me before that point? When I threw on some shoes and hustled over there - I live 5 minutes from the Smith by car - the volunteers told me that they hadn't noticed that there was no projectionist - despite there being no sound from 6:30 to 7:00 and then no pre-film slideshow from 7:00 until when they noticed. Grrrr. And grrr for my projectionist who forgot to add the assignment to their calendar. I started the movie, told the volunteers and a person I knew in the audience to call me if anything went wrong with the movie. Nothing did. Yay. I came home and played for a bit before heading back to the theatre to turn everything off and put out the ghost light and lock all the doors. The only thing that made up for this was getting to have a beer out at the Red Dove.

I actually had a nice, though brief, time at the Dove (or the Squab). Chatted with some prominent Genevans and one of my favorite bartenders. The beer I had was a Naked Dove Scotch Ale. I generally like Scotch ales - though something salty would have been nice to have with it.

Before all this, though, it was Pizza night!! Which means that I got a slice of pizza and mom got stuffed shells. We shared onion rings - Cams has delicious onion rings.

One of the things I have done for mom was to buy paper toilet seat covers. Unfortunately she is unable to use them anymore - a combination of a lack of dexterity and a lack of understanding how they function. So I get to put them down for her. And if I don't, well, she isn't happy. So, they are a mixed blessing. At best. Today, I think I need to look at adult diapers or depends or something. Maybe start with light pads. I bought her a lot of thicker pads, but she doesn't remember how to use them, and she put at least one in the toilet bowl. Eeek!


No comments: