Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Was going to be a mom venting post

I had all these things to write about last night - mom stuff - but I just can't do it. Too tired. Mentally and emotionally. So instead, I will write about, toasters. Ok, not really, can't think of that much to write about toasters. Except to say that my toaster oven has been doing great duty as an actual oven, all things considered.

The long and the short of it was that mom woke me up at 1 am, then at 3 am and then kept me up for two hours from 6 am until 8 am complaining that I wasn't helping her. My guess is she was just hungry, so next time I will get her some food. I think I will buy a container of pre-cut fruit and whenever she is hungry, offer her some.

Our part of the big Juno snow storm looks to have been about 4 inches of snow. At 10:30 pm last night, I put on my boots and a hat (I never wear a hat)(well, not never, but extremely rarely), gloves and a coat and my scarf and went out to snowblew. I found a plug closer to the back door - ok, I knew the plug was there, I just hadn't thought of it before - and got the machine out into the snow. I couldn't, at that point, figure out how to turn on the headlights - yes, it has headlights, I know, how cool and spiffy is that? - if I had gotten the headlights on, I would have loved to have someone take a picture of me out blowing the snow around at night - but I couldn't get mom to do it - and there were no students wandering around out in the snow at that time - poo - so I blew all by my lonesome sans picture. It is soooo much easier than shoveling! And it is electric! (With a cord, boo - but better than a gas one...) I don't know that I will break it out when I head out in a few hours (I didn't) work on the newly fallen snow - there isn't that much of it and a broom ought to do the trick (it did - and two shovel fuels). It is pretty fluffy snow. Oh, and I did figure out how to turn the lights on - it just necessitated me taking off my gloves.

Did a bunch of Smith work from home today. Yay. Soon it will be dinner time - a night of mostly leftovers and tater tots.

No comments: