Friday, January 16, 2015

Ladybug what?

I have had a house guest for a long time now. I don't know how long Ladybugs live, but this winter, I have had one as a house guest. (I could do a lot of googling and figure stuff out about ladybugs, and maybe I will one day - for now, I am going to just make the lady bug a she - ok?) She spent a long time in the kitchen - seemingly with a death wish. I first found her when she was crawling around and trying to be anywhere I was working. She kept putting herself on my cutting board - so I would carefully shoo her off and go on with what I was doing. Next, I found her in the sink a lot - so I removed her to a safer location - on the counter near a trash can. For a few days, I didn't see her. Last night, as I was heading to my room for some reason or other, I noticed a spot on the wall. My unconscious told me it was the lady bug. I didn't believe it. So on the third of fourth trip past the spot on the wall, I decided to take a closer look. Sure enough - the lady bug. Weird, right?

My pal the ladybug
I have been doing some really good procrastination lately. Part of the reason is because the weather has been so abysmal here. My composting is piling up a bit, though...

4+ tubs of composting material and counting

No comments: