Saturday, August 31, 2013

Where have all the ideas gone...

My brain was tossing ideas out left and right yesterday for things to write about. Really, it was! And I thought, self, it would be good to go and open the blogger page and jot a few of these down (in a typing sort of jotting way), you know that you won't remember them until after you finish the day's blog if you don't (if you even remember them then). But did myself listen? Nooooooooo! Sigh.

Well, maybe, if I write about the day, I will cause a little bit of mental stimulation and the ideas, or heck, maybe even other ideas, will re-pop into my brainlet. Here's hoping!

Mom volunteered to go do laundry with me. "Do you want me to come?" she asks. That isn't the point, is it? "Gee, of course, I want you to come." Really? So that I have one more concern while I am out doing laundry? Sigh. But at least she got dressed and got out of the house. With less self inflicted stress because she was choosing it on her own. Not one mention of feeling sick. Yay! Not much I could think of having her do to actually help. I suggested putting the quarters in the machine, but she passed on that. Oh well. We did go for ice cream after the laundry. She got some cappuccino crunch. Sadly Mr. Twistee is closing for the year come Tuesday. Maybe the grocery store will have something similar. Look at me - reminding myself by adding it to my shopping list on my phone! Go me! Mom does love her cappucino crunch! Lo and behold! Hershey's makes some! Now, if I can find it in the grocery store...

And there we have it, our excitement for the day. Laundry! Three baskets of it. This necessitated buying new laundry detergent - the inexpensive stuff we had purchased on our cross country trip last year (?) finally ran out. I also got some stain remover, which didn't work on the sternum stain on one of mom's shirts. All this was purchased at the Family Dollar store in downtown Geneva. The ATM at the community bank was down for servicing (on the Friday before a holiday?) so I needed to get some cashback as well as the laundry detergent. A man was in line buying a dress for a toddler and he and his friend were, luckily, amused by my antics of suggesting that, though it would be a little small on him, it suited his coloring.

Wow, no, I didn't recall all the things I wanted to write about. Which means that there is potential for more things to be written about at a later date! Yippee!

(Btw, I came up with a few of them after I finished this and will put them in tomorrow's post!)

No comments: