Wednesday, August 21, 2013

And by nothing, of course, I mean something

There is always something to write about. If nothing else, one can write about not being able to write. One of the quickest cures to "writer's block" is to write about not being able to write. Yesterday's post wasn't about writer's block, though, it was about thinking that the subject matter for a post was not leaping out at me, as it frequently does. Sometimes I have way too many ideas for one post and try to jam them all in. Other times I do a decent job of spreading the ideas out over several posts. Yay!

We had a visitor yesterday. Not a gentleman caller, but a young woman from the EISEP program - an Ontario County Program that helps to pay the cost of mom's aide. This was the annual review to check on eligibility and to see if anything had changed substantially in our/mom's circumstances. Nothing had, that I could tell. But apparently, I had forgotten to mention something or other last year which I did mention this year. This caused a change in the amount we have to pay for the aide. Downwards. Yippee! Life is grand! More money for pistachio ice cream!

I went back to the Beef and Brew for the first time in a long time last night. I couldn't go to Red Dove, because Alan the new bartender is just too darn chatty! I may go back eventually, but only time will tell. And Leaf Kitchen is no more. As of Thursday. So I went to Beef and Brew. They were having two events there - one on the patio - spoken word, open mic sort of thing. And trivia inside. 21 people or so were playing. David's team was full and I just didn't feel like playing. Instead, I had a delicious Yeti from Great Divide and toddled off to Jose's in Canandaigua for some chicken wings. Yay! It was fairly crowded when I got there, but most everyone left soon after. Some people played pool, but no opportunity presented itself for me to play. I sat at the bar, had a good Southern Tier IPA and a dozen inexpensive and tasty chicken wings! I will probably go back again in a couple of weeks.

All in all, a pleasant day was had by many!

No comments: