Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Phew!

Leaving Canandaigua after an evening of pool and wings, I got pulled over by the Sheriff. He seemed to think I had had too much to drink to be driving. After a battery of tests, he decided that, in fact, I was ok to drive. But I do need to get my NYS license taken care of. I almost got it a year ago, but I didn't have a second form of identification. Well, third. I needed my current license, and two more forms - a passport wasn't good enough for the DMV. So I had to get a social security card. And how did I get the social security card? With my passport. Sigh. Now, I just have to find the card again. I know I have it somewhere. It and three or four others. I have gotten a lot of them over the years. And misplaced many of them. I wonder how many Augustus Schoen-René's are paying into social security?!

It was a fun evening, besides the Sheriff incident, which actually had its fun moments. I went to the Red Dove to say hi to everyone down there. Sadly a new bartender will be taking over Tuesday nights from Sarah. Boo hiss even! Nice enough guy, very chatty, named Alan. Wandered up to Beef and Brew and met up with the trivia crowd - ok, mainly David and Keiran. And Sarah, (another Sarah) who opted to go home rather than come out with us. Probably wise of her. Anyway, the three of us went for pool and wings at Jose's where we went last week after our win at trivia. I had seen that they had wings for sale on Tuesdays and Thursdays - and the notion of garlic Parmesan wings sounded awesome! We got a dozen - six medium and six garlic parmesan, both were good. Ok, the garlic ones were great. I will definitely go back again.

What else exciting happened? Hmm. I made pasta, with alfredo sauce from a jar. Needless to say my home made stuff is better. But it was easy. Also sausage, broccoli and, guess what, for a change, corn on the cob rounded out the meal!

No comments: