Sunday, August 25, 2013

Quite a Day

And now it is Sunday. The day of rest! Yippee!

Yesterday was chock full of exciting times. Not a bad thing, but not something I need everyday.

First off, the wedding at the Smith. It went off without a hitch - well, the couple got hitched, so, I guess that isn't an accurate statement. It went off with a hitch - but the good kind. There was only one surprise - that they had planned on taking photos at the location. No one mentioned it to me. Oh well. The photographer, John, did them efficiently, which was great. I puttered and did some cleaning while waiting for them to finish. A few interesting things were hidden in the closet I am currently working on. Anything I can move out of the manager's office and out into other people's spaces, I am happy about! Oh, and I plugged in the phone in the manager's office and it seems to work. Yippee! I wonder why it was unplugged...

After work, I bought mom a tuna dinner from Parker's. It was a tad more expensive than I would have liked or thought it should be, but mom seemed to enjoy it. She still has a good appetite. Yay for blessings of any size, shape or kind! I ended up with a slice of pizza from Cam's and some pretzels that the wedding party left behind.

Next up, showing the movie - The Bling Ring - at the Smith. It was not very well attended. I guess (college) kids just aren't interested in going to see movies in the theatre when they can watch it on their laptops or tablets. Whatever. I didn't like the movie all that well. The acting was mediocre, the film was just all over the place, the story was a depressing one. All in all, glad I saw it, and am glad it is not something I will ever have to see again. Yay!

After the movie, I went to the Red Dove for a beer, Left hand Milk Stout. I needed some graham crackers to have with that. Yummy and very, very sweet! New bartender there, who I think I might have seen before. Had a nice time just relaxing after the excitement of the day.

At home, mom was in her room, but not ready to sleep. I think she might have a bit of sundowner's going on. Anyway, I offered to put a movie on for her - and she accepted. And ended up watching two. I must remember that she doesn't like Swing Time. Hates it in fact. Sigh. I also fed her two bowls of popcorn - of which she only remembered one and kept whining about not getting a second bowl. Sigh. It is so sad to see her when she gets frustrated about not remember the seemingly simplest things to remember. Oops, two "sighs" in one paragraph. I think I need a break! Anyway, we were up until 3 - when I passed out. I think I need to get her a DVD player for her room. Maybe this week. We shall see.

No comments: