Tuesday, August 6, 2013

We lost! Sniff, sniff

We lost in the championships of trivia. Not even a place in the top five! Grrr. And there were no country music questions to blame it on. And I think we got both of the sports questions correct (Thank you Sarah!!) Still, a good time was had by many, many people. Over a hundred people participated in the event. Many more than the bar was prepared for on a Monday night. It did take me a good long while to get my first (but not only) beer of the evening. And the beautiful town of Waterloo NY got explored. True, we did end up right where we started, but it was nice to have a little walk about in downtown Waterloo.

I need to figure out, quickly, when my mom and I are going to go see Guys and Dolls. Not really sure I am dying to see it. Still, it would be good for mom to get out and about. I don't know that she has been out in a while. I went in to the Smith twice yesterday. Once for the staff meeting and once to do a little work - removing the steps - easy peasy - and getting sound down into the dressing rooms - not so easy - luckily David knew how to do it. I will have to see if I can retrace what he did so that I can do it as well. I think we need to buy a few more cord adapters to make life easier and more streamlined.

What other excitement did yesterday entail? Dinner was fairly tasty - asparagus, corn on the cob, friend rice with peppers and onions and a bit of pork from the freezer. Trying to use up what's in there. Oh and it was a Jenny day! I wasn't around for her whole time, but apparently she did a good cleaning of mom's nesting area near the television in the living room. That could be done more often and I wouldn't be upset about it!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: