Saturday, August 10, 2013

Crazy times at the Smith Box Office

Opening night of another show at the Smith. Guys and Dolls was pretty well attended. A lot of people, though, wanted to get their tickets right before the show. Good thing that there were two of us - and then three of us - working the Box Office. I had just learned the system that day. Matt, my coworker has been using the system for months. We rocked it. And with Kelly helping to make change, things went pretty smoothly! Yay! The tough part was that I was there way too long - from 4 till past 8. Hopefully I won't be needed for that time frame again. It made it hard to get mom food.

When I got out, I went to Parker's to get mom a fish sandwich dinner. Sadly, they were out of their fried fish. Poo, even. I left and finally, after a little mental waffling, opted to get food from Friendly's for her instead. I got her the fish platter and ended up eating a little of it myself. Mom, when I got home, was all set to go to bed (at 8:30 pm). She had had her ice cream and was winding down. Interesting how her sense of time is so terrible. Anyway, she was excited to eat. When she is no longer excited to eat, that will be a pretty good sign that she is ready to go. So far, not nearly ready!

After dinner, we had a movie night - Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in Follow the Fleet. This might be one of my favorite of the Fred and Ginger movies. They are cute in it together as if they actually might like each other, unlike in others of their movies. (I don't get a lot of "chemistry" from them - more brother and sister than lovers.) There is a number where they are making "mistakes" that result in collisions and such. Mom didn't like it. I thought it creative and entertaining. All in all, I enjoyed the movie.

Other than that, my left shoulder is really sore for some reason. Probably user error.

No comments: