Friday, August 2, 2013

We won!

Ok, I don't know that I helped all that much, but the team with which I played Trivia last night came in first place! Woo hoo! Hard fought match, looked like we were doing dismally and then we came up with some clutch answers in the final few questions. Go team Electric Sheep! There were four of us and sadly we had no sports knower. That would have helped a lot. And there were way too many country music questions. Seriously, one country music question is way too many! The bar we were visiting was in Canandaigua. So near and yet so far. I liked the place. Nice staff, decent beer (not great) and ok decor. No pool table. They did serve food, but I didn't look at a menu.

After winning, we decided to go out and celebrate some more. David and I both like to play pool a lot, Keiran enjoys it as well, and Sarah, well, we dragged her along fairly willingly. We looked at three places with pool tables, none of which were very appealing. At the last one, a woman suggested a fourth place - down by the Lake. Perfect! Not the best pool table I had ever seen, but decent for a small bar table. Lots of room around it - inexpensive beer - and it turns out that they have inexpensive wings (12 for $4.75) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My current plan is to head there on Tuesday after a beer at Red Dove. Just because I can. Yay! We played a while and it was very pleasant.

Funnily (not funnelly) I was in Canandaigua earlier for lunch out with a friend. We went to Rheinblick's, a German restaurant. Someone mentioned this place to me a while ago and I had forgotten about it until asked to pick a place to lunch. The food was good and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We originally didn't see that there was a lunch menu, so were ordering dinner, which looked great! The lunch menu - in the back of the folder, had some good options, too. I ended up with a pulled pork sort of sandwich and had delicious potato pancakes as my side. Yum city!

No comments: