Sunday, August 11, 2013

Out and About in G-Town

That's me, the hip guy who flits from place to place on a Saturday night. Ok, honestly, a little weird for me being out on a Saturday. Not as crowded as Friday, it seems to me. I wonder why that is...anyway, first I went to the Seneca Smokehouse, the newish place that opened up just past Belhurst. I went and had a couple of beers and came to a realization: I knew Jenny the bartender before meeting her there. Turns out she was working at Parker's in Geneva back when I was in my CA-NC transition period. Aha, even! That's why she seemed so familiar when I first saw her. Ta da! Woo hoo! Huzzuh! I did not, though, find her in Bar Dreams. I gave her a copy anyway, just because of shared history. I will probably go back again. They close early, so I left and headed to Red Dove.

I didn't know what I would find on a Saturday night at Red Dove. There were lots of cars parked in front of the building, but it turned out that there was lots of space at the bar! Yay! So I sat and had a beer. They were out of the Sly Fox O'Reilly's Stout and had Lefthand Milk Stout instead. Yum! It has been a while since I had that delicious beer. I mostly went to meet the new bartender and I did. Just not the new bartender I had thought I was going to meet. I met John who normally works on Wednesday (I don't think I have ever been to the Red Dove on Wednesday - and from what he said, I don't think I ever will (it is very busy, apparently)) who was subbing for the new Saturday night bartender. Oh well. Still had a pleasant time. If only I can get Chelsea to stop calling me Gus. Sigh.

On my way home, my cell rang, so I pulled over and answered it. Kelly asked me to come in to the Smith and change the HVAC settings, which I did. It seems that the system isn't cutting off when the target temperature is met. Maybe it is user error, but it seems like that would be the expected behavior. I will check out the manual at some point soon.

Other than that, a quiet Saturday. Mom and I did a few crossword clues. She husked some corn and washed some dishes. I am thinking seriously of taking her into a nail place and getting her nails pared all the way down, to make it a smidge more difficult for her to scratch. Right now, she is sporting a lot of bandages! Hopefully they will let her owies heal a bit!

No comments: