Monday, May 28, 2012

This and that and maybe the other thing

The last couple of days, as you may have noticed, was all about (mostly) mom's reunion. Well, other thoughts have been percolating around in my head that I have not written about. So that is what today's exciting installment is going to be about. Read on, McFriends! :)

Mom and I finally finished watching Deadwood. Yay! It took a long time. I don't understand why Netflix doesn't wise up and send the whole season at one fell swoop no matter what plan one is on. Oh well. The series was worth watching for the most part. There was a bit of filler. And it ended kind of oomphlessly, with no one really getting what they deserved (bad guys that is). Maybe they didn't know that they weren't getting another season when they wrote and filmed the last episode.

I am percolating along watching all of the Stargate stuff. I remember watching the movie a long, long time ago. I enjoyed that. And over the years I had seen a few episodes here and there. Maybe 6 of them. Somehow I never got into it and watched consistently. Now I am on Season 9 (of 10) and am looking forward to the end. :) Seriously, it wasn't a bad show. It does make me want to watch Galaxy Quest again. Love that movie! Netflix online changed its interface - so far it seems for the better. Still don't see subtitles being readily available. But I often use my headphones when watching on my computer, so that makes it easier to hear. Has anyone else watched all of Stargate? It seems that the producers have a predilection for women with red hair! Yay! I do too, though I don't know why...

Today is the first real day of my long-ish vacation! Sad that I don't have someone special in my life to share it with. But happy to have it in any case. My plans are still forming for what to do in the next few days. I am leaning towards taking three day trips to visit beer places in the area. Ithaca tomorrow. Buffalo on Wednesday. Rochester on Thursday. Then Friday, drive East and stop at beer places on the way as I head to Maine slowly. There are a lot of beer places in Vermont that I would like to visit. We shall see if any of it happens. I might just sit around and do nothing instead.

It feels a little weird not worrying about what to make mom for lunch and dinner. And to be able to wander around the house aimlessly, clothelessly.  I know, scary image...

I tried uploading pictures to FB yesterday and it was taking forever! More than half an hour for one photo to get uploaded. That is just wrong. I will try again today and see what I can get to happen.

Still no beta testers for Flippety. Grrr. And I haven't really done anything to it or with it in the past few days (except play it on my iPhone). I am planning on adding a page for it to my website. Complete with Screenshots. Ooh, screenshots!

The plan for the Journey West is not really all that closer to being finalized. I haven't decided whether or not to try and sell books in Kansas City at the Flying Saucer, or just head north immediately. And where to stop - mom hasn't made any suggestions about what she might like to see or do, which isn't surprising. In fact, that is how she has always been. Sigh.

I was interested to discover that Smith staggers its reunion classes - so that the oldest classes are together on one weekend and the younger classes are together on another.

All (most) of the pictures I took at the Reunion are on my facebook page.

No comments: