Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Packing

Mom and I spent part of the day yesterday getting her packed for the reunion and her visit with Juliet in Maine. After the trip to North Carolina in December of last year, I knew that I would have to get more involved this time around. I let her do as she thought was needed and then came back and helped her fill in what else would be helpful. Sigh. I tried to make it fun for her and to involve her a bit. I think she needs more socks in general. Maybe when I am out and about today - I am doing a laundry load and hitting the library and running a few other errands - I will stop in at Wal-Mart and find her some more socks. Lately, if a sock has a hole in it, I toss it. Oh where oh where is my darning egg and darning needle when I need them? Oh, right, I never had any. My mom used to darn socks for us. Long ago...

I also worked on Flippety a bit. Still looking for a few people to beta test - they need to be running at least iOS 5 on their iPhone - regardless of which phone it is. Though I think only 3g and better can run iOS5...And looking for someone silly enough to help me with graphics and such. I haven't started looking in earnest for someone yet. Oh, and I have decided, that as soon as I actually start working on my next project, I am going to document the whole thing. And I can't decide whether I want to do the mobile (as in the art piece that spins around) or a "quarters" game one. I can do the whole "document it" thing since I have a blog. Hmm, you probably already know that...

For dinner, I took leftovers from The Basin Pub and added some stuff. It is sad how few crowns there are in frozen broccoli. Oh well.

Mom actually made a mostly coherent list of things she wants to do and other things she wants to take with her on the trip! That is great! Sadly, I cannot convince her to also get her nails and feet done. Glarg.

Thank you Mary F for sending me that pdf file! Great information!

Dinner

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A! Happy for your mom's reunion and visit to Maine. It all sounds lovely and very a very special treat for her. As well, if you spend a week seeking out beer pubs it'll be fun ... who knows what the week adventure will bring!! :-) I hope both you & your mom, Enjoy.

Augustus said...

Thank you Camille!