Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Picture Post

Hi friends! (A friend is to the end as Abigail Saltonstall once told me - she also told me piece of pie - sigh - I miss her friendship...) Since yesterday was not a day filled with adventures of a large kind or even of the -let kind, a bunch of pictures will have to suffice. And some words of course. I can't really call myself a raconteur without raconteuring just a bit.

I did have a sort of adventure yesterday. I saw this woman once near the Redbox at my local Wegman's. Years ago, I read the Celestine Prophecies - one of the only things that stuck from that book was the idea that if you run across someone three times, there probably is no harm in talking with them. Or something like that. I think it was all way more cosmic in the Celestine Prophecies. Me, I just need some sort of excuse to start to talk with someone. Anyway, I went to the Wegman's to return my movie and in the vague hope of running across that woman again. And I needed some ingredients for making almond roca - I promised a friend some for her upcoming birthday. Speaking of which, I still need some milk chocolate...Sadly, the woman did not appear. I will survive.

Next I walked (yes, actual podophilia - nope, perambulation perhaps?) up the street and hill to Dunkin' Donuts. I have had a hankering for months now for their chocolate kreme (note the "k") donuts. Sadly, our DD doesn't make them anymore. What kind of crap is that? I bought two other donuts and just ate them for brunch. Yay! Then back down the hill to Rite Aid where I got some of mom's medicine and saw my phavorite pharmacist. Sigh.

Later in the evening, I wandered downtown, hoping to go to the new place on Linden Street. Unfortunately it was closed. Still. Or again. Rumor has it, it is open, I just haven't managed to be there when it is. So I went to Red Dove instead - where they had a whole lot of new staff - and Abby. One beer (Sly Fox O'Reilly's Stout (very similar to Guiness) then home for a night of Galaxy Quest and kicking back! Yay!

Where my PP works

Flowers

An iris after a rain storm

Sky picture

Another Sky picture

No comments: