Thursday, May 24, 2012

More Errands

Mom went to get her hair done yesterday in advance of heading to the Reunion. They are so nice to her down there. Cindi (Cindy?) especially. She even gave mom a free blowdry. While mom was doing that, I went to the post office and had the mail held until Tuesday (Monday being a holiday and all). And stopped in at the Beautiful Beef and Brew. No Lorraine again. Apparently she has decided to stop working on Wednesdays. Without asking or mentioning it to me! Well, grrr. Christie was there, though, which was a pleasant surprise. Her last day is Saturday, which was an unpleasant surprise. Oh well. Life is that way sometimes.

Next, off to Rite-Aid to get mom her blood pressure medicine. We also couldn't find mom's toiletries travel container, so picked one up there. Had a nice interaction with my phavorite pharmacist. Sigh. Oh, and mom's medication was free! How awesome is that? I had forgotten that (since I only get it every three months...).

After errands we came back and did little. Mom was mostly packed, though later in the day we did some more packing. She wanted to add all sorts of things that were already packed. And wanted to carry all sorts of stuff in the car, from which I had to dissuade her as she won't only be in my car on the next leg of her travels. I got her pills together and started to pack myself. I also cleaned the kitchen decently and put out the garbage. Yay! Now, all I need to do is finish packing my own stuff, clean out the car, pack the car and we will be ready to head off into the sunrise. Well, East, at least. Wish us luck!

Mom at the Salon being attended by Cindy (Cindi?)

The yellow rose bush did great this year!

Pretty!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you both a great trip! Thanks for the pictures. Luying

Augustus said...

Thank you Luying!

Unknown said...

Great photos A (as always.) So glad you share so many. I too take my mom for her hair. She gets it done weekly. It's a quick visit as her hair is short. Am glad I had an opportunity to view a few of your posts/blogs/ to catch up!!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

naturegirl said...

Great weekend lies ahead for you both ! Have a wonderful time . Love the pics ..look forward to reading about your adventures...hugs

Augustus said...

Thank you for catching up, Camille!

Augustus said...

Thank you B! :)