Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cleanliness is next to

Cleanliness is next to Cleanlinessless in the dictionary. Ok, it isn't. But it ought to be. I am, surprisingly, often thinking about relationships. Some of you may know that I wrote a book about relationships, but I haven't worked on it in a while - needs a lot of editing. Anyway, I just had a thought. Regardless of all the other considerations when pairing up for a long haul, one that is necessary to think about is each other's cleanliness quotient.

I don't think that a clean freak and a slob would do well together. Opposites, in that case, would probably drive one another to distraction!

As far as that goes, I am not neat. Not a total slob, but I have never been neat. And I doubt anyone will ever consider me neat. Not that I am untrainable. I just haven't been trained to be neat. It is very low on my priority list. I understand neatness's value. I know it is easier to do a little all the time than to clean up a lot in one fell swoop. Intellectual understanding doesn't get me too far, though. And germs. I understand that germs can cause disease. But I believe that a healthy (ish) immune system is a great defense against most germs. So why stress over them.

Last night I made a foray to MacGregor's in Canandaigua. On the way, I picked up a movie - Ghost Protocol - to watch after I got home. Had a pleasant time, eating a yummy Caribbean steak wrap (I have half left over for tonight's dinner) and two good beers - Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout and Southampton Porter. Yay! Also had a good chat with a bar-mate named Frank and bartender Theron (no relation to Charlize apparently). 

Got home and watched Ghost Protocol. At best it was entertaining. But that was about it. Tom Cruise is not my favorite actor. Too much mugging for the camera. The other actors were fine, but not great. Some good effects and stunts and things, but it just felt weak somehow. Almost a parody of itself. Oh well. Maybe I will get another movie to watch tonight.

Dinner - yum!

No comments: