Saturday, May 5, 2012

Captain America and Thor

In order to prepare myself for seeing The Avengers in the movie theatre soon, I decided I needed to catch up a little on precursor movies. I think I am up-to-date on Ironman movies. I enjoy Robert Downey Jr.'s snarkiness so I try to catch whatever he is in. And there hasn't been a movie starring Hawkeye. I mean, he wasn't even credited in Thor, was he? So, anyway. What did I think? I know you are dying to know.

Both movies were ok. Not great. Certainly enjoyable and fun. I am sure they were enjoyable on the big screen. They both lacked something, though. I know it is hard to encapsulate years of backstory and character development from many, many comics into one two hour movie. And truth be told, although both characters are good, they were never my favorites. My favorite Avenger has always been The Vision - I know he wasn't one of the original Avengers. I also liked the Scarlet Witch. And Dr. Strange. Oh yeah, baby, give us a Dr. Strange Movie! Anyhoo on to the movies.

Of the two, I liked Captain America better - mainly because I like the character of Captain America better. Thor is just a lot too arrogant for me to take a shine to. I loved seeing the steam-punk sort of 1940s stuff in Captain America. And seeing Howard Stark (Tony Stark's Dad). And Captain America is just so humble, most of the time.

Thor did have Natalie Portman, which was pleasant. And I like stuff that has a mythological bent. I am glad I saw it.

Mom suffered through both movies, mostly in silence except when she got really lost.

Yesterday was errands day as well. I did a bunch of staples shopping - not the metal kind - the other kind. Like mini-kit-kat bars and the like. Yay! And I went to the library, got three items - a book by Albert Brooks, a book called The Little Friend and a book by Harlan Coben - I don't remember where or how I found his name, but his books are apparently popular. I also mailed my brother my old GPS. His was stolen from his car. Who would do that? Weird. Anyway, I sent him my old one, which I hope he can get to work happily! :)

Cheesy garlic toast - needed Parmesan but still good!

The main course was slightly doctored frozen chinese - ok, not great

4 comments:

Mel said...

the bread looks yummy and i love recycled Chinese... healthy living period for me, so no Chinese, no pizza... life is no fun, kill me now! Melania

Augustus said...

Wow, Melania - life needs to be fun! Especially when it isn't...so I guess that means no Chinese Pizza! :)

ncjeanie said...

Cheesy garlic toast YUM!

Augustus said...

One of my favs, Jeanie!