Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Wifi is being weird

We live in the heart of a college campus. And the campus went wifi in a big way a couple years back.  I guess they boosted their signal recently, because every time I open my computer now, the first wifi that my laptop locks onto is the college's, not the private, more stronger one here in the house. It is a smidge frustrating. And I am not sure if there is a way to fix it. We shall see eventually. It isn't so annoying that I am strongly motivated to do anything about it.

I am happy that gas prices are down a little. And happy that my car gets 38 miles to a gallon. Well, at least when I am driving around by myself. We shall see what happens on the big driving that happens in the next few weeks and months.

Not a lot has transpired in the past couple of days. I have been working on my app - Flippety - and it is in decent shape. I need to find someone to help me with graphics. And I am going to buy Texture Packer and try that. It looks like it could be useful. We shall, of course, see.

Yesterday, mom and I went shopping. We went to, ugh, Wal-Mart. She needed to get white clothing for the traditional march/walk thing at her Reunion later this week. Always fun to shop at wal-mart! And today we may be heading to Rochester to see a movie - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - with Judi Densch. No, Judi is not going with us, she is in the movie. It is not getting very wide distribution so we have to travel to Rochester to see it. Then maybe a pub afterwards! Yay! And tonight is Sherlock on the BBC. Yippee even!

Another X-Xmas tree :(

Peony has almost popped

Garlic-Cheese toast!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The garlic cheese toast again looks very excellent. I too have had trouble (as you know) w/my computer. Mine was a tad more frustrating to me. It caused a throw back to old false beliefs which I had years ago that someone was hacking my computer. Strange things like that exist but I took it too far then. Being reminded of that time was getting me a bit nuts. lol ... not that I am not lol ... Good luck w/Flippery and its progress ...

Augustus said...

Hope your computer problems are all better - the toast looked better than it was, sadly. :(