Friday, May 4, 2012

DTs

No, not delirium tremens. Haven't had those in a long while. No, I meant Dreaded Tasks! (Dunt, dunt, duh!!!)

I did one yesterday, or at least part of one. I think I prefer to do them in pieces. I am of two minds about pulling the bandaid off slowly or quickly. Sometimes one quick pull seems appropriate, sometimes slow remove seem more appropriate. And it also depends on whether there is just the one bandaid or a whole body covered with bandaids.

The task, to which I am alluding, is taking the Christmas Tree down. Yes, I finally took it down yesterday. (And mom fussed at me for not being allowed to help...sigh). Anyway, I took the ornaments and most of the needles off the tree. I am afraid that this one also will not survive. It was on a wheelie thing, so it was easy to move and the tree happily shared needles with the whole house! Yay shedding pine trees! Also muddy water in a bag. I think if we do the live tree thing again, which we probably will, I need one of those plastic trays to put under the pot instead of a plastic bag. They are so darn heavy (the trees that is) and prickly. I feel like I need body armor and two of me to move them around. Which is one of the myriad reasons I told myself for not taking the thing down earlier...Anyway, after getting it outdoors, I wanted to water it. So I had to turn the water on to the outside faucet. Yay, the hose worked! And the tree got watered, but it seems that the knob outside doesn't do much in regards to turning the water on and off. So back to the basement. Yippee. Next step, clean-up the pine trail! At least the pine needles smelled great as they were sucked into the vacuum cleaner. Whose bag I had to change. Sigh. And there was sweeping and mopping up to do as well. And light arranging. And chair moving. Still one more part to do, but I am going to wait until tomorrow or the next day to do that - hole digging. Fear not, I will take pictures of the process. I read somewhere on line that you need to dig a whole that is three times as wide as the root structure in the pot. Can't wait...

More dreaded tasks today. Bill paying. So excited, and I just can't hide it...

Speaking of which, when paying my phone bill, I just saw that somehow I bought a $10 a month subscription to a quiz application about which I have no memory and no knowledge. Grrr. I hate things like that. I just canceled it, but I have already lost $20. Crap!

After errands, it is time to start work on putting the side porch back together for the summer. Yippee!

Yesterday was beer night. I opted to visit Leaf Kitchen, which turned out to be a good thing. First, it looks like Emily changed her mind and will not be working at Leaf after the middle of May. I might try to go find her once up in Sodus Point - mainly because I have never been to Sodus Point and I like new experiences. They had some new beers (which was the main reason I went). Well, new to them. I had a Great Divide Claymore Scotch Ale. Very tasty. I tend to like beers of that style. Malty. Not as rich as I would have liked, but still good. My second beer was a Belgian wanna be from Unibroue out of Canada - Tres Pistoles. A dark beer. Good, not great.

All in all, a good day! Yay!

I hope it survives, but it is doubtful...

Looks like an angel to me!

Eeek, a ghost in my chair at Leaf Kitchen. Oh, wait, it has a reserved sign on it! :)

No comments: