Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Not the brightest candle in the Menorah

Sometimes I wonder about myself. Am I going gaga already at 28? Oh, wait, I am 51. I guess I can go gaga if I want to! Mom and I did laundry yesterday. We didn't have as much as we usually have, so I decided to use a smaller machine - to save money and water and all that sort of thing. I put the clothes in the machine and asked mom to get some more quarters. When she came back, I asked her to put the quarters in, which she did. I added the soap and the detergent. Time passed. The machine stopped and I went to get the clothes out - but they weren't ours. Eeeek! Turns out that I somehow got confused after loading the machine and managed to wash some cute girl's clothes a second time. Ours didn't get washed. Oops. More quarters (so much for saving money and water) and eventually laundry was accomplished! Yay!

I had a minor epiphany or two yesterday.

First one - what to do while mom is off vacationing with Juliet in Maine for a week: go to beer places and do things that I otherwise haven't done with mom around. Sadly, no women to invite back to the house. Oh well, having everything takes too much time. :) There are a few beer places that I have wanted to visit for a while. Trying to get to them all may not be possible, but it is the challenge I have given myself for the week (ish) that mom will be away. Of course, I have other tasks to do, but those oughtn't to be too onerous and time consuming. I realized that Monday is Memorial Day - which messes things up a little bit. It will take some planning, but I am good at that, sometimes.

Second one - how to fix a problem in Flippety - not letting more than two tiles be flipped up at a time! Yay! All Fixed!I think it is in decent shape - again - still. Now I want some beta testers and am about to go to a beta test site that matches people up with testers. I would rather have friends and family test, but so far, no one has come forward. Poop.

Today is haircut day and tomorrow we head to Mom's 60th college reunion! Wish us luck!
Buttercups! Weeds but still pretty

Big shufflings in Geneva!

Mom helping at the Laundromat!




2 comments:

Steve Austin said...

I will test when I am upgraded to IOS 5!

Augustus said...

Thank you Steve! That would be great!