Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby Steps Forward

It feels like I have been working on this, my first, iPhone application for years. But it really has only been since March. Mid March even. Maybe even March 23. So, I am pretty excited about how far it has come. Sure, there are a couple of issues, but nothing honkingly huge and horrible. Today, after much study and frustration, I finally got a custom table cell to work! Yay! A couple more little things and I will be looking for beta testers. Any one interested? Please let me know. I am not really sure how beta testing works for iPhone apps. And iPad users - once I get the iPhone version working, I will make it iPad compatible. One step at a time. Sadly, I threw away some old versions of the app and something that I had done that I wanted to redo got thrown away. Boo! Oh well, redoing it will be a good learning experience.

Yesterday, I went to the Beautiful Beef and Brew earlier than usual. I wanted to go see The Avengers and it started at 4, so I needed to be done with beer before then. Lorraine was surprised to see me there so early. I had two beers - Yuengling Bock beer - which was a decent though not exciting bock, and Lost Coast Downtown Brown - which was good - though my favorite is still the Raspberry version of that beer. Yum!

The Avengers was very good. I don't think I needed to spend the extra money for 3d, though. Didn't really add that much. I don't think 3d really adds that much in general, actually. Not yet at least. Maybe one day, but so far, eh. As for the movie itself, I thought the character treatment was very even handed. Sad about the one casualty in the film. Looking forward to the next one!

Since I was beering and then movie-ing, I decided to by dinner. My original thought was to get a pizza, and ended up at Wegman's where I bought frozen pizza and frozen chicken wings.

Today is my mom's 82 birthday! We are going to go out shopping a little later (hopefully) and out to dinner tonight. Tomorrow we are going to the Lilac Festival in Rochester, NY. Wish me luck and patience!

Mom's typical lunch - half a sandwich, chips, pills and soda water

Me with Lorraine (who you may have read about)

Yay!

Frozen dinner - the wings were good!

Beautiful roses from Karl for Mom's B-Day and Mother's Day! Good son!

No comments: