Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Laundry and I really do get along

Yesterday was laundry day. Yippee! I made mom change her sheets. But she wanted the same ones put back on. They are the green felt like ones. Winter sheets. She likes them, which is all that really matters in the long run. Originally mom had planned on coming with me, but chose to remain home and work on letter writing. I think she wrote a letter to President Obama. He will be thrilled, no doubt, to hear from her.

While I was out at the laundry, I chatted with a woman I have seen there quite a few times in the past year. Turns out she is here for much the same reason that I am, taking care of an ailing mom. Though she is choosing to leave and getting on with her life. She heads off continue school, probably next fall. Good for her. Me, I have decided that this is my next 5 year plan. Which of course might be four or ten, but five-ish, definitely, if I can handle it. Chatting with her made the laundry experience a bit more pleasurable (though it is pretty fun in any case). (Pillow case for example...)

I did a bit of wandering while there - looked in at Staples - I have a bonus award that I need to spend there soon. Then looked at the new construction in the mall. How weird is that? There are unoccupied storefronts, why add a new storefront? I don't know. Pretty much decided I am going to go see Avengers today. After beer day at the beautiful Beef and Brew - heading there early in fact, but I am getting ahead of myself and will leave that for tomorrow. On my wandering, I stopped in at McDonald's. When did their value meals stop being a dollar? Eeek! But my french fries were still pretty tasty.

Oh, the other day, the Daily Challenge was to spice up one's cooking. So I took a picture of my "go to" spices.

New construction at the mall

Less food more money! Yay!

Hmm...

No comments: