Saturday, March 31, 2012

Candyman!

Well, I made one of the two bits of candy I was hoping to make. For the first one, I needed wax paper, and the house, that has just about everything, didn't have any wax paper. Poop. So, I just made the almond roca sort of stuff. Wow! Talk about easy. It took just a few minutes. True, I made a mess (which, at this point, I haven't cleaned up). But the candy turned out well. At least edible. And tasty. Yay!

I had a plan to make spanakopita which failed due to a teeny weeny oversight on my part. I forgot to get spinach. I will rectify that mistake today.

Sadly, and quite surprisingly, I didn't win the Mega Ball lottery last night. Oh well. Life is frequently like that, isn't it? I don't mind paying the stupid tax on occasion. The worst that can happen is that I lose a couple of dollars. Not that big a loss.

The challenge on Daily Challenge the other day (in the main challenges) was to walk a bit more - so I parked a long way from Wegman's when I went shopping! I must admit, I didn't park quite as far when I went to Wal-Mart, but still a decent distance. I do like to walk. My friend Daniel is getting married in June and there is a bike ride that he wants people to participate in - I hope I will be able to manage to ride 40 miles without falling over dead. Eeek.

I could almost see Wegman's from where I parked!

Art Photo

Brand New Rice Cooker - I am very excited!

Yay! Almod Roca! I wonder how much this actually cost - a lot less than $9 I am thinking...

No comments: