Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cake and eating it too!

I sort of don't understand the notion of having one's cake and eating it too. I think the idea is that if one eats one's cake, that one doesn't have it anymore. Ok, and? I have gotten to eat the cake. Hopefully before it became all stale and icky.

So, yesterday, I was concerned that I would not get to go to Beer Day Wednesday at the Beautiful Beef and Brew. Well, things worked out really well. Mom and I got there early, worked for a few hours - lunched at home and then haircutted at the Studio Salon in Geneva. Then I dropped mom back home and went back to Mary's house for a couple of hours. Around 4, everyone sort of called it a day. Yippee! So I got to go to Beer Day! Yippee!

Lorraine was there, which made me happy. And Kaitlynn appeared again - she gets younger every time I talk to her - and we chatted about her future - she is thinking of learning to be a rad tech or a ultra sound tech. I think she is smarter than that, but it is a good start! As for beer, I had a Stella Artois (which was pretty boring) a Delerium Tremens which was good though really strong and finished up with a Dos Equis Amber, which I thought I had had before - but I guess I hadn't written it down. (Well, of course, I have had it before, but it hadn't been videotaped, I don't think.) So, all in all, a decent day at the Beef and Brew. They are planning on getting more tap lines put in! Go them!

Later, Mary took us to dinner at Nonna's. Yay! We ate a lot, which is fun now and again. 

I learned something from a dream last night. Not to date a 19 year old Russian girl living with her sister and a friend in NYC. Ok, it was mostly a nightmare. Phew! At least I can avoid that! :)

Ill gotten gains from helping Mary move!

Mary's lovely ex-house!

What? Where did the Artichokes Francais go?

Mom, me and Mary at Nonna's



2 comments:

Bosey said...

Were you celebrating a martyr's day? So much red!
Sounds like a very productive day, Augustus!
Love to you and Ma!

Augustus said...

Red does a good job of hiding the blood.. :) Love to you and yours, Bosey!