Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It was a Beer Day yesterday, but it is a laundry day now...

I used to like Jethro Tull. Ok, I still like Jethro Tull. I was lucky enough to see Ian Anderson and what was then considered to be Jethro Tull in concert years ago - back when I was living on the West Coast. Great show! And Procol Harum opened for them.

Yesterday was beer day! Yippee! I walked downtown, despite the chilly weather, and tasted a few beers. On my previous visit, I had taken pictures of the beer menu and just before heading down, used Preview on my mac, to cross off the ones that I recorded as having been drunk. Then, I made a short list of beers that I haven't had, so that I wouldn't have to think too hard about my choices. I don't like to think too hard if I don't have to. Yay not thinking! Hurrah for living in the moment! Going with the flow! Wheee! Lorraine was on duty. We commiserated about our lives for a bit. I have asked her to create a mug for mom for her birthday. She paints and I figured that would be a nice gift for mom. Christie was the bartender - she is heading to Denmark for a year in the fall. Go her!

I had three beers, which, I know, is a big surprise. The first was Westmalle Dubble. The bottle was surprisingly heavy! The beer was good, not overly (overtly?) Belgian tasting. Yay! Sadly, I ran out of space on my video camera! Eeek! (Aside: I really need to get another hard drive for storage. Soon. I am almost out of space on my computer and the Video Camera is full - poop!) So I deleted one file (the second one I took, I think). And had enough room to record one more beer. The third was done on my iPhone. Sigh. For my second beer, I had Monty Python's Holy Grail from Black Sheep Brewery. I haven't had this beer for a while and it was a lot less robust than I had remembered. And for my third, it was back to Belgium and an Orval. Wow, two Trappist Ales in one day! And both delicious!

I also got some work on the computer project done yesterday. Yippee!

Today is Laundry Day! (Trumpet fanfare, please!) And mom may actually go with me. Hurrah.

Walking often ends up with me taking more pictures.

I don't know what came over me, but I neatened my room!

It was fun to watch the boats come about and almost capsize!

Budding trees, already! It is about a month too early, here in Geneva, NY.

I just like the bright yellowness of the bush!

Cool tree

No comments: