Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gotta get cranking

It is getting late and I need to go shopping. Tonight we are having pizza and other stuff for dinner. I am thinking chicken nuggets (with Buffalo Sauce) and fried pickles.

There are good days and not so good days - at least where programming progress comes along. Two days ago was a good day - got a lot done and felt like I would eventually see light at the end of the tunnel. Then Friday, well, I tried something in the main file I was working on, and broke it. Entirely. I had to go back to a much earlier "snapshot" of the file and rebuild a lot of the stuff that I had already done. Sigh. But a good learning experience. Once that got done, it was almost 6! So I stopped and made dinner. Yippee! Dinner is yummy! Which is why there was no blog post yesterday. As per my previous decision - if a post isn't ready to go by 5, it isn't going to get done! Trying to keep my stress levels low! :)

Today was another good day - I have come across a few more tutorials and they are being handy. One was about animations - so I think I am going to try and solve my animation issue tomorrow (solved it - the answer was 'z'). One was on switching views - still have an issue or two there, but getting closer on that issue as well.  All in all, a bit of forward progress was made. Huzzah!

I wrote to a couple of my FB friends and asked them about the possibility of using their beer label art for my concentration game. So far, I haven't heard back from either of them. Sigh.

Other subjects: My sister called yesterday and had a good long chat with mom. That is always a good thing. I am leaning towards not going down South for my birthday after all, and instead wait to go without mom in late May. We shall see how that pans out. And we are moving closer to definitely going to mom's 60th college reunion. I need to call on Monday or Tuesday and get a little more information, but it is looking like it is a done deal. Yay! I plan on taking my video camera and still camera and documenting a lot of stuff.

Back to Thursday night, I went to MacGregor's in Canandaigua for my weekly "Thursday night date with myself" night. That was fun. I like MacGregor's. They have a lot of beer to choose from. I had Obovoid (a yummy oatmeal stout) and a Kona Pipeline Porter (because it was on sale). The KPP isn't a bad beer, but not nearly as good as the Boulder Obovoid! I chatted with a few of my neighbors about education and politics. Fun stuff!

Obovoid Tap Handle! (Nitrogen)

I just loved the pirate skull and cross bones!

No comments: