Sunday, March 18, 2012

Date Night?

Date Night...with mom...not really a date night...we shall call it an excursion, shall we? Yippee for excursions!

Most of the day was routine - get up, work on the computer, feed mom lunch, work more. Then around 4:30 we headed off to the movies. The Iron Lady happened to return to the Geneva Multiplex, and both mom and I were interested in seeing it. I have this feeling that mom gets anxious about being out and about - which is one reason her stomach acts up. I don't really know how to combat this - except maybe make her get out more often. But I digress. We made it safely to the movie and it was, of course, playing in the smallest theatre, all the way as far from the front entrance as possible. Ok, the one next to it might be a smidge further. When we got there, only three other seats were occupied. Before the end of the movie, there were a few more people.

The movie itself was decent. I don't know that it needed to be seen on the big screen. I agree with some of the critiques who said it focused too much on a declining or declined Margaret Thatcher. Meryl Streep was excellent and certainly deserved an Oscar. I would have liked to have seen more of her in her prime than in her old age. Still, a good movie.

Next stop, Pure for Indian food. Mom said she wasn't too hungry, so we got only one dish and some nan again. Since I am a good son, I ordered a dish that featured Salmon. For a woman who was not too hungry, she managed to eat a good bit! Jessica, the hostess, visited with us a few times. Bartender Joe also came over and chatted. I do like that place and will stop in again one Thursday night. And mom and I will go there for food again one day.

Back at home, our night continued with some more Rome. We are getting close to the end of the series. Marc Antony, who mom resolutely fails to recognize, gets shipped off to Egypt at the end of the last episode that we watched. What will happen next? Eeeek!

All in all, a pleasant excursion and evening. Yippee!

Movie Poster - I think it was a little misleading...

At Pure - taken by Jessica

Mom wearing Joe and Ginger's Christmas Gift (scarf)

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

Augustus your such a good son! .. Mom and son date nights are awesome. I have a few of them. Embrace the positive and know that you have made your mother happy. You both look happy. Hugs ~B

Augustus said...

You are very kind to say so, Brigitte!