Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Yay accomplishment!

Yay, yay, yay! (Or yeah, yeah, yeah)! Spelling onomatopoetic words can be challenging. Anyway.

Yippee! (or Yipee!) Laundry got accomplished! Why do I feel like that is such a big thing? I guess because I feel like I am not in a particularly productive point in my existence just now. And even doing something as small as laundry seems like a huge success. Yay!

Feeling a smidge frustrated over the iPhone programming learning right this second. One of the books I am looking at is very confusing as it straddles two different xCode Versions. And on top of that, it straddles two versions of the cocos2d libraries as well. Grr. And they make their third project one that can only be done on the iPhone which requires me to pay $99 that I don't have. Double grrrr! Well, to prove that I am learning something, I will just have to rewrite it so that it responds to touches instead of to the accelerometer. If I can...

Well, at least the weather is great. Spring has sprung, at least for the time being. I don't put it past our wacky weather to toss in another chill down or two our way before winter gives up the ghost.

I lost and then found mom's camera. And in the process broke it a little bit. That is grr-i-fying as well. Not that I mind using broken things - how long did I use my first digital camera after I needed to use a hair-tie to keep it working? 6 years?

Tried a recipe for sweet potato fries last night and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Not crispy enough for me. On to the next recipe! Dinner was good, though - I made beer battered chicken nuggets and then tossed them in buffalo sauce! Yum!

Ok, have to move forward with my day. More struggles with iPhone development, maybe read some of my Economics for Dummies book (Scarcity? Really?) and putter some more. Joy.

Not so crispy sweet potato fries - I like crispy as a texture!

Dinner Chez Schoen-René



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the crispy baked sweet potato fries try this:

Cut medium thick. Soak in cold water for at least an hour - up to 4. Oven at 425. Toss fries in plastic bag with a tablespoon or 2 of cornstarch. Lightly coated. Use a non-stick baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil then mix with your hands and rearrange in single layer and not touching (not too many on a sheet or they'll steam). Bake, checking after about 15 minutes, flip them and bake for another 5-10 minutes.

Augustus said...

Thank you Anonymous, I will give that a try!