Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Norman Rush?

Anyone out there ever read any Norman Rush? He was the author at the reading last night at HWS. I am going to look for his work at the local library when I go out today. Yippee! It was a really well attended reading. Saw a friend or two there - and might have recognized a student or two.

I accomplished my goal of adding touch capability to the project I was working through in one of the books I bought. Speaking of which, I really need to sell the books that I got that I don't want or like. Anyway, that was a good thing. Unfortunately I also added in a bug of some kind that makes things  sort of stop working altogether after one launch. Sigh. Back to the drawing board!

Mom and I had a little spat last night. I suggested that she take a shower on Thursday when Ginger was here and she refused. Not sure what to do about that. I love my mom, I just don't like to be around her when she is stinky. And I don't really want to be the one to help her shower. She kept saying she would shower when she wanted to, and I said I didn't want to be the one to help her, then she said well, all I would need to do was...and I said - that's helping. Sigh. We shall see if Gigner has any better lick with her. I don't understand my mother's aversion to cleanliness. It is irksome, though.

I tried to make a casserole last night. It didn't really turn out all that well. It looked interesting, tasted ok, but just wasn't right. Oh well. C'est fromage.

Today is beer Wednesday at the Bodacious Beef and Brew! Still trying to figure out what to do Thursday Nights. Turns out that Emily will be working Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Leaf Kitchen now...

I think it looked good...

2 comments:

Larry McMurtry said...

I really like Norman Rush! I think I read" Mortals," but "Mating" is the famous novel and the one that sticks with me. Along with Coetzee's "Disgrace" it forms my whole idea of what it would be like to live in Africa, which is weirdly like what it is like to live in Texas.

Augustus said...

Thank you for the input Larry! I am looking forward to reading some of his work!