Monday, March 26, 2012

New Blog?

I am open to opinions and suggestions and advice. Like most people, though, I don't necessarily listen to them or follow them. It is nice, sometimes, to just get a little input. As some of you know (both of you?) I am working at teaching myself how to program for the iPhone. My thought process being that programming (like writing) is something that I can do at home (or anywhere) on my own time (mostly). Will I make any money? Hope springs eternal.

Now, where I am looking for an opinion/suggestion/advice is whether or not I ought to refactor (a cool programming term - though I am sure it is used in other industries) my blogs - copying out relevant parts and putting up a new blog (besides this one, the writing blog, and the political blog (which, though not published, does have a few posts in it) that pertains just to the torturous path I am on to iPhone application Nirvana? Once the refactoring is done, I would continue to post my thoughts and experiences of programming there, not here or in the writing blog (though isn't programming a lot like writing?).

So, speaking of programming, I didn't sleep well last night, thinking about what I was going to be working on today. I have already accomplished the three things that I wanted to accomplish. Now I have to figure out how to do the next bit. But I am exhausted. And I have lots of other things to do that have been neglected. One of the problems with being somewhat obsessive, is that I neglect other activities while obsessing. Sigh. I need to write up a quick "to do" list and see if I want to, er will do any of it. Most of it is, to me, boring stuff - paying bills, doing laundry, neatening parts of the house. Ick. Well, not ick, just not my favorite activities. I do enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from doing those tasks. That sense of accomplishment and what little enjoyment there is in doing the activities, doesn't outweigh the less than scintillating aspects of those tasks. Sigh.

On Saturday, I made another pizza and it turned out excellently! I cooked the pizza at the bottom of the oven and it was almost crispy! Yay!

Sunday, mom and I had a little adventure - an adventurelet if you will - out to Rochester to go to a place called The Crab Shack. I don't know where I heard about it - probably an ad on television at some point. Anyway, mom likes seafood, so I thought it would be a nice treat for her. The place was in an old chain restaurant building, done up with a lot of water related items - lighthouses, boats, sea grass etc. Mom ended up having surf and turf (which was on special) with bacon-wrapped scallops and an extra side of steamed clams. I couldn't decide what to have and ended up with a hamburger. Mom seemed to enjoy her food more than I enjoyed mine. Everything was ok, not great. I do not think we will go there again any time soon. Maybe next adventurelet will be for me  - going to a brewpub! Yippee!

After dinner, we came back to Geneva and took a shopping trip to Wal-Mart. Mom needed some stuff. Yay mom stuff!

Augustus made pizza!

In Rochester - not too far from the Airport, Apparently

Don't we look happy?



No comments: