Friday, March 2, 2012

Thursday Beer Night

It turned into an India Beer Night. Joe, who bartends at the Red Dove, now also bartends at Pure - a new-to-Geneva Indian Food Restaurant. So I stopped in to say hello to him and ended up staying for quite a while. First off, Jessica the hostess was there - she actually remembered my name from the previous visit - and we chatted off and on as she went about her business. Then there was a nice guy at the bar whose name I wouldn't know how to spell - we chatted about TV, books, music and such. Very enjoyable. And lastly, there was the beer. Four of them - I don't think I have had any of them before. And I doubt I will go out of my way for them again. Not that they were terrible, they were just a bit boring. Pictures below.

I cooked some steak for dinner - and a twice baked potato - and some spinach and some mixed vegetables. Yay!

Today I did not, yet, do any work on the computer stuff. Yay for a mini vacation. Hopefully later mom will feel up to going out for a little shopping/mailing expedition. It is a beautiful spring day here in Geneva! Yippee! Though winter is supposedly not over yet. We shall see...Have I mentioned that I like the variety of the weather here. The cold winters are more than made up for with temperate summers. Yay, I don't need air conditioning too often here! Yippee, even!

Yummy, if I must say so myself!

This was a liter bottle - fairly dull

This one had a little more flavor than the first, but still nothing to write home about

This was supposed to be the darkest - but turned out to be another lager...

And just when I thought it was safe to go home, Joe found a fourth brand of Indian beer for me to try!

No comments: