Friday, March 9, 2012

Things are often different

And that isn't a bad thing - just an observation. It is snowing just now here in beautiful Geneva, NY. Where people still aren't planning to come visit. But that is ok. Mom wants to be left here if I go on a trip to NC. Not sure how that would work, since I have disallowed her from cooking. Any thoughts are appreciated. Still thinking I will drag her along. We shall see. It is still a few weeks away. Hey, is it really Spring Ahead this Sunday? How did that happen? Weird.

I am stymied just now in my programming efforts. Just waiting for a little epiphany there. It will happen. Meanwhile, slogging through online tutorials and books. Haven't yet taken the plunge and started the coco2d stuff. Sigh.

Yesterday, I went and helped Mary again for a little bit. I didn't really do much - she had two young lads who were doing all the lifting and toting. I did help her clean out her office some more. Throwing away a lot of the "floppy" disks that older machines used. Made me want to go to NC and throw mine away. Sigh. I really need someone to help me be ruthless with my crap down there. One day. Then Jackie came by - who I still think is attractive - and they started talking - and I was just standing around, so I came home. Yay home! It was a Ginger day - mom and she started working on the front hall closet. Got some good cleaning done in that area of the house - washed windows, washed the front door curtains, wiped stuff down, cleaned stuff out. Yay! Sadly, the coats are still in piles around the living room. I doubt many will be gotten rid of - but I really don't care if the aren't replaced until two weeks from now. (Next week is mom's shower and that takes up most of the hour.) It isn't like we have a lot of visitors...

My plan was to go out and have some beer last night. But it wasn't to be. Mary made a last minute call to drop off more alcohol she didn't want to lug away and a huge older dictionary that she had no need of - like we do? - (that being said, I am always happy to see any book come into the house - yay books!) - and some freezer food that she didn't want to throw away. I also helped her with getting a reservation at a Motel 6 on the route she and the truck are taking today. I hope we picked a good one (I think we did). So I stayed home instead. Does that mean I get to go out another night? Yes. Yes it does. I am leaning towards Saturday night (eeek) - maybe heading to the lovely Leaf Kitchen. We shall see how I feel.

Big truck!

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

Does Geneva have one of those services that provides hot meals for seniors? You could provide your Mom with made-in-advance cold meals as long as she gets one hot meal a day. (You're not planning to be gone all that long, right?)

Augustus said...

They do Jeff. I am planning about a week - which is why I am thinking of taking mom. That is not long, but it is long, if you know what I mean...