Saturday, March 3, 2012

Errands Galore!

Yay errands! I love doing errands. Even with mom. True, they aren't quite as fun with her, but still fun. We had three to do yesterday and accomplished them all with eclat!

First off, Rite-Aid. They had called to tell us that some pills were ready. Yay! And another new floating pharmacist. (She was even prettier than my favorite pharmacist - if such a thing is possible.) Mom stayed in the car for that one. No, I did not leave the car running and no one kidnapped her. I also told her to crack a window if she felt a lack of oxygen. Luckily it wasn't too warm a day. :)

Next stop, mailboxes etc. type of store. Mom's charitable donations sometimes yield tchotchkes. Recently she got a babies blanket for one such. Which she decided to send to Candace, my brother's wife - or my sister-in-law. I wish that I could remember her last name. (She didn't take my brother's last name.) Ok, I have added her to my Contacts list. I love my iPhone. I am sure man smart phones would be just as good - but I do enjoy my Apple products...We didn't get mom's favorite to wait on us - he was busy with other customers, but our young man was effective.

Last stop - Wegman's! We spent $50 on mostly monthly stuff - nuts and candy primarily. We also looked for nail scissors - mom can't seem to find any of the thousands of pairs that she has. I am going to look in her bathroom and see what I can find in her drawer. If I can't find at least one pair, I will excoriate myself. But if I do, I will trumpet my success.

Back at the homestead, wings and pizza were on the menu for dinner. I made the dough from scratch - used some premade sauce and topped the partially cornmeal crust with pepperoni, pepperoncini and mozzarella. I followed directions better and dusted the pizza stone with cornmeal - and it worked - not sticky pizza! I cooked it a little too hot I think - the sauce didn't bind to the crust enough for my taste - making it a little wet. Well, I will keep experimenting. Making the dough was really easy using my food processor!

Today the plan is movies (The Artist) and dinner at Friendly's. Mom can only take so much of my cooking! :)

$50? Really?

It looked good, though!

4 comments:

Bosey said...

byass

Bosey said...

Try spreading a thin film of olive oil on the crust before you put the sauce on it. That keeps the crust from getting soggy and tastes good. It is good for you, too!

Augustus said...

bypass, Bosey?

Augustus said...

Thank you for the tip - I will have to try that!