Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another Engagement!

Wow, what a week this is turning out to be. And next week, there is a reading at the Colleges! Yippee! Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself. Again. Sigh.

So, the doctor's appointment was not stellar. Mom went kicking and screaming (in a figurative way). She just didn't want to go. We went to see a doctor for her itchy ears and for her running nose (Rhinitis). Well, a nurse practitioner. Why does a visit to a(n) NP have the same co-pay that seeing a doctor does? That doesn't seem right to me. (Co-pays still set mom off - and do irk me more than a little bit...) Anyway, we didn't even see the NP we had been promised. A new one to the practice helped us. She was nice enough. And pretty patient. Mom didn't behave too badly and was mostly pleasant and entertaining. Yay! The NP gave mom an examination and then gave us some sort of anti-histamine nose spray to try and said to come back in a month to see if that worked. Is this just a variation on "take two aspirin and call me in the morning?" They undoubtedly think that the ears and the rhinitis (love that word) are symptoms of an allergy. To check their hypothesis they are giving mom the anti-histamine. Yippee! Why they wouldn't just give her an allergy test to see what she might be allergic to, I don't know. Probably to get more money from her insurance companies and from us.  So, that is what we are going to do. Today will be the first day of nasal spraying. I can hardly wait.

After that, we went to McDonald's to get mom a fish sandwich. Maybe on Wednesday, after her hair cut and before dinner with Mary Gerhart (the other engagement) we will get her a fish sandwich from Wendy's. Then she will have had fish sandwiches from the three remaining fast food places in Geneva (since Burger King bailed on us a few years back). I didn't get anything because I had eaten left over pizza for lunch and still was full. I have two more pieces of pizza to go! Yippee!

Last night we had breakfast for dinner. I made sausage and cheese omelets, some left over veggies and a toasted bagel with cream cheese! I love cream cheese!

We also watched more Rome. I have mixed feelings about the change of Actor's for Augustus (Octavian). But was happy to see Lucius Verenus start to snap out of his funk. Huzzah!

The Doctor's Office

No comments: