Sunday, March 8, 2015

Windows is so crappy!


I am so happy that I spend more money and buy apple products. I am currently (still) trying to get one of the two laptops that I bought for the Smith into a functional state. It is not functional when whatever website one tries to get to, ads and warning and such start to blare. Pisses me right off! I think, though, that I am getting closer to getting it working. We shall see, we are rebooting as we speak. - So, I took off the virus protection and that sped the machine up about 20 fold. Then I found the last two adware things. One was really well hidden with a name like myzdinfdlamls.exe. What? Anyway,  can't tell you how excited I am that I got rid of those last two evil programs. Yippee!!

Meanwhile, I just want to say that I am surprised that I am still taking care of mom here in the house. I really thought I would be moving her into a "facility" at the end of January. And here we are in March! Yay. I am starting to look into the next step stuff - and am meeting an elder law experienced lawyer on Tuesday. So, there we are. 

Oh, and another thing. My laptop had this odd behavior, where it would go to sleep when I touched it or held it in a certain way - at least I thought that was what was happening. But it wasn't. I looked it up on the internet. Guess what? Turns out that the way that the Mac decides whether or not to "sleep" is by sensing whether its lid is closed. And the way it determines that is by magnetic action. Well, apparently, it is very sensitive to magnets, so if the laptop closing magnet is near another magnet, it just goes to sleep. Voila! So, I just have to be more careful about moving the laptop near magnetic objects - like my old laptop and the closure on my phone case. Sigh and yay.

Why is mom so against lying down? I really don't understand it at all. Grrr.

Did my Smith stuff and gave a decent tour. I did forget one of my favorite things, though - the steam punk fire bell ringing contraption. Sigh. Nice couple - Tom and Pat from Illinois. I installed Theatre Manager on a lap top, got the theatre ready for movies, updated the slide show and did a couple other little things. A good days work. Next week, the printer. Oh, it looks like there might be a real landline in the box office. I will know if it is if I get the phone back from my West Coast Friend (I do actually have more than one friend on the West Coast) who offered to try her landline. And the box office needs an internet connection. I wonder who does that sort of work. Bob Bailey perhaps? I will ask him on Monday. 


No comments: