Friday, March 13, 2015

Damn Civilization


My obsessive nature is also probably to blame...I just found out that there are different difficulty levels, multiplayer, weekly scenarios, etc. Not sure I want to get into all that. Maybe a few more games and I will move onto another game.

Meanwhile, real life proceeds. I took a shower today - I always feel so virtuous for some reason, made mom some lunch and did a couple hours of work for the Smith. I need to head down there around 4 to get my staff working on the show this evening. I will check with them whether or not they need me to come back and help with load-out. I am hoping that they won't. We shall, of course, see. Tomorrow I am going to head in for a little bit and see if I can get the new printer working with theatre manager. And while I am there, try out a couple of phone jacks to see if I can find one that has an actual land line in it. That would be nifty. 

What a nice day! I love nice days. I got up, did some work for the Smith and then did my yoga and made mom some lunch. I also played a bit. Too much actually. Then lunch happened. After lunch I did a bit more work and then napped. After that, headed to the Smith and my staff was great! They worked hard and did everything I asked of them. The band loaded in, the sound people had everything all set up, so it was easy peasy. Had some good chats with Kelly and others and it just felt smooth and easy. I got out of there earlier than I thought I would and then went shopping at Wegmans. There, I got some free samples of food, chatted with nice people, saw two of my favorite check out people. Got good supplies and got back almost at the time I hoped to be back. Yay.

Dinner was delicious. Left over chicken with peanut butter sauce, heated up onion rings, a couple of tater tots and some yummy, almost perfectly cooked green beans. Huzzuh!

Oh, on the not so nice side, I think that mom's appetite has seemingly diminished - math mind says 65 percent of what she used to eat. I am hoping it is because she is uncomfortable because of the shingles and that her appetite will come back. 'Cause I think that appetite is a sign of willingness and attachement to the world. 

I love Studio 60. I wonder if Aaron Sorkin and Joss Whedon would create anything of pith and beauty. 

No comments: