Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Haven't been writing much today


I have been doing other things - mostly, I admit, playing Civilization. It reminds me a bit of a game I used to play a lot back in the old days. I will try and think of the name. It was a build units and dominate the world sort of game as well. Hmm...

There was a good meeting of the Film Committee this morning at the Smith. Before that I did some Smith work. And then after that I did some Smith work. Tomorrow and Friday we have events. Thursday is a kids show - easy peasy apparently. They are loading-in before their morning show and loading-out after their evening show. With a big gap in between. Friday is the return of a band called The Town Pants - a celtic flavored group - in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I don't even know when St. Patty's Day is. Sigh. We have movies on Saturday and Sunday as well. So a busy weekend for The Smith. Yay!

Mom's mental impairment is starting to affect her hearing, or at least that is how it seems. Maybe it is listening comprehension. That is even more frustrating. Yippee! It also seems as if she has pretty much given up pretending to read.

The other day I saw the Veronica Mars movie. Did I mention that before? Anyway, I never watched much of the series, but I enjoyed the movie. Tonight we are watching The Book Thief. Not sure where I heard about it. It has gotten good ratings. So we shall see if I enjoy it. 

No comments: