Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Blocked!

Mom realized why the gate was there and was unamused. Sorry/not sorry. I tried to explain to her that it is really for her own safety, but she feels she is being imprisoned. Not much I can do about that. But I can sleep soundly at night not worrying that she will pitch headfirst down the stairs trying to get herself some food. Yippee!!

We are going to the doctor's today to get her looked at and then going to the lawyer's office. Fun day. Good thing I have gotten all of my Smith work (movie playlists, movie sound playlists, HVAC, mail blast, etc.) done already. And tonight, conference call with the family. To whom I emailed the list of records I need to have on hand for eventual medicaid approval. It is a slightly daunting list.

Wow, what a day so far! Mom has forgotten how to stand up apparently. There's some fun stuff. I mean, I remember when she complained about climbing in and out of tombs in Egypt. And grumbling about not getting up all the time. But now she seems to think she has forgotten how to stand up by herself. Yippee. The aide got mom dressed, I gave her lunch and then we had a "talk" about her lack of exercise. Her great response - "What have you done for me lately?" Seriously? Anyway, we shall see if I can get her to do some exercise.

We got to the doctor's on time, huzzuh, and had the wonderful PA we have had before. Mom does indeed have shingles. And she prescribed an anti-viral - as Paul suggested. No one told me that 21 pills was going to cost $65. How much help will it be? That is anyone's guess. I guess we will see.

Then off to the lawyers to see about a couple of things. He didn't think he had any of the originals of some of the documents on my medicaid preparedness list. Oh well. He does have an original will, but the copy is good enough for now.

We were going to go get mom some ice cream, but she wanted to come home and go to the bathroom instead. Weird, but whatever.

I need to go to the pharmacy and get her prescription, pick up some stuff. I might also go and set up an appointment for a massage. I could really use one. Or two. One a week is about right, I think. Sigh.

Got the prescription and cooked leftovers for dinner. Time to do some hard core relaxing.


No comments: