Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Great Purchase and an Owie

Starting with the bad news, I have a paper cut on my right hand ring finger. Owie. I probably ought to put a bandaid on it so that it doesn't catch on everything it can possibly catch on. Sigh.

My calendar was not up-to-date! I forgot to put in my appointment today with the Elder Care Attorney. She told me that the initial consultation was free - to determine if there was aught she could do for us. Thereafter it will be $250 an hour. Sigh. I haven't looked through my papers yet to see what all I have in my plastic tub. I don't know where the deed to the house is - I think it is in mom's safe deposit box. I wonder how I get access to that. Hmm. I will ask at the bank at some point. I don't think that is a crucial thing for the meeting today. I really do need to call the long term care people and see if the POA (Power of Attorney) I sent them was sufficient to grant me access to the account. We shall, of course, see.

My plan is to get my Smith stuff taken care of this morning. I need to build the two movie playlists, make the two spotify playlists, finish the Mail Chimp Weekly Email Blast and see what I can do about getting the other mail blast for PUSH closer to completion. I ought to be able to do all of that by noon. Hopefully.

Oh, the purchase of Greatness. I really like Aaron Sorkin's work. He writes really well and mostly gets good writers to continue his shows. I bought the complete Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip for $10 (including shipping)! Mom and I watched three episodes last night. Ok, mom napped during parts of them, but she was there on the sofa beside me. Yay!

Time for some work. Good morning!

Looks like mom got Shingles after all. Crap. We will head to the doctor's office tomorrow or Thursday.

No comments: