Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Long day yesterday but it's a new day now

Wow, that was a long day, yesterday. The other galosh kicked me in the butt.

Today I get to do a good bit of work at the Smith. I need to print out all the documentation that two of the upcoming three events have sent me. I need to repatch the lighting for one show, look for gels and such for a second, see if I do in fact have four 6x9s for one of the them, and enough uprights for lighting trees, etc. I need to somehow get a staff for a 5:30 am load-in next week. I am tempted to threaten them with de-Smith employment if they don't come. Sigh.

Great. I downloaded the new Safari and nothing is loading. Crap, etc. Maybe it is just Facebook that is being stupid. (Ok, it's working now. Yippee.)

Oh, I am getting a new to us oven/range today. I could have gotten one of the same generation as is currently in the kitchen, but we got that probably 30 years ago! It lasted a good long time and really deserves a rest - as do any from that generation. The newer one is, of course, more expensive, but life is that way (all too frequently). (Pictures tomorrow)

It is later in the day. I have Smithed for a brief while and accomplished a good chunk of stuff. Still more to do. I had forgotten that I had a meeting this afternoon. Poo even. And yay for putting things in my calendar! Oh well, I will head out earlier than the meeting and get the two pipes I need for the weekend. Hopeful. Unless they don't have any. In which case I will have to go someplace else to get them. And if I don't get them, I think Toni (Tech Director for PUSH) will be flexible.

I did get the pipes. And I think we had a very productive Buildings and Grounds meeting. Tomorrow, Thursday, I need to do more actual work at the Smith - and laundry. Huzzuh. Yay clean clothes and sheets and things.

Oops, the pictures I had thought I was going to post, I never posted. Here they are:

This has been stained and the wood blocks have been painted. Great stuff!

I was going to ride it today, but it snowed...
My obsession with Civilization has passed. Phew! On to the next one.

Saw Source Code which was kinda like Groundhog Day. Decent but not fantastic.

We are watching the 50th AnniversaryDiane Sawyer special about the Sound of Music. Good stuff. I am hoping we are going to have a sing along movie event at some point this year at the Smith. That would be nifty.

No comments: