Friday, March 27, 2015

Sleepy already

Ok, I am just sleepy thinking about being at the Smith at 5 in the morning tomorrow. Sigh. I got up at 8 this morning and I am dragging. And I completely forgot about getting gels for the show. Know what? It will all work out, I am sure.

First stop this morning was The Smith. I wanted to be sure that the legs were up, the piano out and the sound system put away. Two out of three happened last night apparently and Terren put away our sound system this morning so there was nothing for me to do. Yippee! Instead, I did some other Smith work. Yay.

Got mom dressed and to her dentist appointment today. It is getting more and more difficult to get her anywhere. She is, though, a bit more biddable at times. Mixed blessings. Anyway, her teeth are ok, especially considering that she brushes her teeth, probably badly, once a week. Or sometimes two or three times in one day and then not again for two weeks. Sigh.

So, this morning I got a call from the incoming show saying - oh, hey, by the way, we were totally wrong about what time we were going to arrive, so can we change the crew call from tomorrow at 5:30 in the morning to 7 tonight? Thanks. That'd be great. What? Really? You didn't know this a week ago? Or even two or three days ago? Couldn't figure that out? Luckily a few of my staff are coming in to help out tonight. My hope is that we will be able to knock this out tonight and not have to have a 5:30 call tomorrow morning. But I am a bit chafed by this. It seems really unprofessional to me. But what do I know? I haven't been working in the theatre for 40 years...

Oooh, maybe I could crowdfund my trip across North America. As I think I have mentioned - my thought is to get a Mobile Home - teeny one that is electric or something - and go to all the mini golf places, pool halls (if any still exist), breweries and brewpubs and write about them. Hadn't thought about getting people to give me money upfront. Oh, and I could passively run for president at the same time.

No comments: