Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A conglomeration (Is that the group word for some sort of critter?)

Is my Blu-ray player remembering where each and every disc was stopped? I think it does! How cool is that?! I love technology most of the time. I was disappointed to discover that one of the web cameras I bought was not plug and play like the other cameras I bought. I am not looking forward to returning it. I hope it is easy. I really need to get on that. I don't know how long I have. Eeek! So little to do, so much time to do it and all I want to do is nothing! Yay!

Turns out I had until March 22 - and it was pretty easy - they charged me some shipping, but I am ok with that. Getting it out of my hands was the important thing to me. I will make due with two cameras for the time being.

For some reason I have been thinking about the Dragon Riders of Pern series. I think the technology is there to make the movie now. And it might be a great franchise movie. I might just have to read all 111 of them again at some point. (Ok, so there are only 22 or 24 or 25 or something) (And it turns out that movies and such have been attempted for years - but a new one was started in 2014 - at least the writing bit was...)

We have had a weird weather day. Nice in the morning, blizzard in the afternoon turning to a snowfall of snocone consistency precipitation and it is getting warmer throughout the night - to a high of 37. Since the sun isn't shining and the wind is blowing pretty heavily, I don't think much melting, sadly, will go on. Poo. Yay weather!

Finished Live From New York. It was compiled back in 2002 or so - so it is a bit out of date. I was amazed at the people who have gone through that show. A lot of talent. I am glad that I read it. Big book! 500+ pages. Eeek. I still have another book I got from the library, but what I really want to read are the aforementioned Pern books. Ok, there are a few other books that I would like to read, mostly parts of series. There is one series that I was reading a while ago - I wonder if another book came out in that series. It is supposed to be the last, but I don't think it can be with the rate that the story has been progressing. What do I know. Brandon whatshisname managed to tie up The Wheel of Time series in three books when it looked like there ought to be another six.

No comments: